Makayla’s Passion For Babysitting

Brother & Sister Merlijn Hoek via Compfight      

Why babysitting is my passion  

I like to babysit because you treat them like your own.You take away their fears and make them better.You’re the last face they see at night.You sing to them and read books to them.You’re the substitute for there parents.They depend on you to be an example and give them a little push then, let the parents push them the rest of the way.In my opinion  I feel that children have a bond with me and feel comfortable with me.

Here are 2 rules of babysitting children that are important to know.Rule 1. make sure you come 10 minutes early because it gives them a good impression and shows that you won’t be late in the future.You need to be flexible.You should be flexible because if something happens you need to have a plan B when plan A doesn’t work out.A few things I think you should know beforehand:

•  The name(s) of the child or children
  • Phone numbers of parents and child’s doctor and local emergency numbers 
  • Who the neighbors are 
  • Locations of important things for the child 
  • Rules of the house and where everything is at and the child’s schedule    
  • Work hours of parents or guardian of the child 

Rule 2. Managing kids isn’t easy as it looks on television.It’s a challenge and requires interest.You cannot deal with kids in the same ways you treat adults.You need to be creative so that every interaction you have with a kid,transforms into a learning experience for them.Here are some pointers from me to you.

• Ask yourself what kind of house and family will suit you
  • This job should insure the child’s as well as your safety 

Once you take this job then the child’s safety is in your hands starting from his/her meals from when they sleep.

• Kids also need entertainment and fun so you have to be a good entertainer while keeping the rules intact
  • You should be respectful towards the parents as well as the child in order to gain their trust
  • Do every thing confidently 
  • First discipline yourself then only you will be able to discipline the child 

Therefore,dont smoke,dont abuse and don’t give physical punishment to them.

• Remember that the child’s responsibility should be top priority for yours always. 

Thanks for reading

-Makayla Kelley