Makayla’s Favorite Holiday in Mexico!!

Dia De Los Muertos

Dia De Los Muertos means THE DAY OF THE DEAD. The day of the dead is celebrated on October 31st and ends on November 2nd. The meaning for celebrating The Day Of The Dead is to let all of the loved ones that passed away come back for two days and spend time with there family’s and loved ones that are still alive. Many make dishes and bring them to where ever there loved one(s) died. I feel that the United States should celebrate the day of the dead along with Mexico.

I feel we should celebrate some of there holidays because so we can interact with them and show we are on there side. Also they celebrate most american holidays so we should celebrate some of there holidays in the U.S. Here are some more information about Dia De Los Muertos. They usually celebrate by using parades or big parties. They dress up and make yummy candy and just get every one in the spirit  If your asking ”Why is Dia De Los Muertos such a big deal? Its a big deal because you should spend time with your loved one(s) that passed away. you should be able to show you still love the ones who are no longer with us today! We need to start caring about the ones we will forever have in our heart.

If your wondering why I choose Dia De Los Muertos is because i feel people get bulled for the traditions they celebrate as a family and as a country or town/city. I don’t want to have people feel they cant celebrate there traditions in different places. So, don’t bully others if they don’t look like you or don’t live in your country or has a lot of money.

Here are my hyperlinks: Day of the dead  &  National Geographic

Mark McNestry via CompfightCatrina, Mexico City

Smoke art - CalaveraCreative Commons License MattysFlicks via Compfight

Have a great rest of the week!! And always be yourself!!